- Electronic materials and coating materials
- High-temperature firing conductive paste
- Resistive paste
- Silver nano particle-related products
- Metallized ceramic substrates
- Glass coatings and inks
Glass coatings and inks
for coloring (decorative use)
Our coatings contribute to the design properties and functionality of glass and offer excellent durability.
Our glass coloring materials and inks come in two types: organic coloring materials and inks and inorganic coloring materials
Organic coloring materials and inks (MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ S/F) have curing conditions of 150°C or less. Our colored coatings offer superior adhesiveness, weatherability, waterproofness, chemical resistance, heat resistance and surface hardness.
Our inorganic coloring materials (MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ T) use the surface plasmon resonance of metal nano particles. Film formation conditions are 500°C or more. They can be used to form entirely inorganic films offering superior transparency and durability. We offer an extensive lineup compatible with various customer coating methods, including spraying, screen printing and dipping, as well as with various uses.
Organic coloring materials and inks
MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ S, MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ F
- These materials offer superior adhesiveness to glass and are compatible with a variety of usage environments.
- The variations are extensive and compatible with a variety of requirements, such as transparent coloring, concealed coloring, gloss and matte.
- As they are thermal reaction type resin, there is no restriction on their pot life, and workability is superb.
- Weatherability is excellent, suiting them for long-term exterior use.
- They offer superior levels of waterproofness, organic solvent resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and heat resistance.
|Spray coating, dipping, flow coating||MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ S|
|Screen printing||MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ F|
|Standard baking product||150-200°C, 30 minutes|
|Low baking product||100-180°C, 30 minutes|
|Item||Evaluation method||Evaluation result|
|Surface hardness||Pencil hardness test (JIS K5400)||3-4H|
|Initial adhesiveness||Cross-cut tape peeling test (1mm square)||No peeling|
|Acid resistance||5%H2SO4 aqueous solution 20°C x 24-hour immersion||No change in surface appearance|
|Alkali resistance||5%Na2CO3 aqueous solution 20°C x 24-hour immersion||No change in surface appearance|
|Boiling water resistance||Distilled boiling water 8-hour immersion||No change in surface appearance|
|Heat resistance||120°C x 7-day storage in windy fixed-temperature drier||No change in surface appearance|
|Moisture resistance||In a humidity testing machine at MIL-STD-202-106C, cycle testing x 7 days||No change in surface appearance|
|Weatherability||Powerful xenon weather meter for 3,000 hours||No change in surface appearance|
Example of use
These are suitable for coloring glass, metals, ceramics and other inorganic materials.
We encourage their use as an alternative for conventional glass colorings that use heavy metals.
For coloring and decorating lighting fixtures
For printing and decorating displays, signboards and nameplates
For decorating tiles, windows, tables, glass blocks and other interior and exterior glass, for coloring and decorating bottles and dishes
Examples of use in lighting fixtures and glass globes by leading Japanese manufacturers
Lamp globes coated with MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ S
- Glasses printed with MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ F
Inorganic coating materials and inks
MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ T
- Being an entirely inorganic film, this product offers superior weatherability, surface hardness and chemical resistance.
- Adhesiveness to glass is excellent, suiting it for a variety of usage environments.
- Available as highly transparent and colored materials.
|Coating method||Can be coated using screen printing, spraying, dipping or brush|
|Baking conditions||500–700°C, 10 minutes|
|Color variations||Available in magenta, blue, violet, green, orange, gray and other colors (various colors can be produced by compounding).|
- MITSUBOSHI High-COLOR™ T print samples
|Evaluation item||Evaluation method||Evaluation result|
|Acid resistance||0.1 Provision 24-hour immersion in a sulfuric aqueous solution||No change|
|Alkali resistance||0.1 Provision 24-hour immersion in a sodium hydroxide aqueous solution||No change|
|Boiling water resistance||4-hour immersion in boiling water||No change|
|Heat resistance||In air, 100°C, 24 hours||No change|
|Resistance to high temperature and high humidity||85°C, 85%RH, 1,000 hours||No change|
|Moisture resistance||40°C, in water, 100 hours||No change|
|Weatherability||Sunshine weather meter, 1,000 hours||No change|
Example of use
Used for coloring automotive and construction glass, globes, etc.
- Sun shade for an automobile rear window